Working alongside experienced engineers, co-ops and interns have a unique opportunity to apply their academic learning to products that protect lives in communities around the world. Depending on the stage of the design cycle and the specific products they work on, co-ops may be involved in:
• Testing products to ensure they meet regulatory requirements in multiple countries and edge out competitors
• Providing support and developing improvement ideas for existing products & processes.
• Drafting, designing and prototyping products
• Collaborating with international associates to complete project goals
• Gaining an awareness of budgetary, manufacturing and sourcing limitations
• Completing other research and development work, as required.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
o Hands-on technical aptitude.
o Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
o Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
o Ability to work in a team environment.
o Proficient use of Microsoft Office Tools, with a special emphasis on Excel.
o Pro-E or Solidworks CAD capability a plus
o Testing experience a plus
o Minitab statistical software experience a plus
Education and experience required:
• Incumbent must be actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering preferably at an ABET-accredited school,