Working alongside experienced engineers, co-ops and interns have a unique opportunity to apply their academic learning to products that protect lives in communities around the world. The Fixed Gas and Flame Detection (FGFD) co-op will gain an appreciation and understanding of the New Product Development process, real world application of electrical hardware and/or software design as it pertains to embedded systems, and experience with a variety of engineering tools and techniques. The co-op will provide engineering assistance to the design team through any of the following activities:
• Assisting with electronic design tasks
• Creating and/or reviewing basic software coding
• Designing and setting up product validation tests and documenting test results
• Collaborating with international associates to complete project goals
• Gaining an awareness of budgetary, manufacturing and sourcing limitations
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Technical knowledge and aptitude for programming, evaluating, and testing code.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation).
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills and a sharp attention to detail
• Ability to work in a team environment.
Education and experience required:
• Incumbent must be actively enrolled in an Electrical or Computer Engineering program (preferably at an ABET-accredited school) and have completed at least one semester of Sophomore year.
• Junior status