Working alongside experienced engineers, co-ops and interns have a unique opportunity to apply their academic learning to products that protect lives in communities around the world. Operations industrial engineering co-ops will gain hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment, interacting with the people who put physical shape to our products.
• Time studies
• Methods analysis and improvement
• Bill of Material and process routing maintenance
• Layout work (equipment and work station) using SketchUp and AutoCAD
• Cost analysis and reduction
• Process evaluation and improvement
• Lean, Kaizen, 6S and Value Stream Mapping activities
• Basic experience with data analysis, methods and graphing.
• Creative problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office Tools, with a special emphasis on Excel and Access.
Education and experience required:
• Incumbent should be actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, or other relevant Engineering discipline, from an ABET-accredited program, and have completed at least one semester of Sophomore year before beginning this co-op.