Established in 1914, MSA is the world's leading manufacturer of safety products designed to protect people throughout the world. Working alongside experienced engineers, co-ops have a unique opportunity to apply their academic learning to products that protect lives in communities around the world. Operations industrial engineering co-ops will gain hands-on experience working in the Murrysville, PA manufacturing environment, interacting with the people who put physical shape to our products.
• Time studies
• Methods analysis and improvement
• Bill of Material and process routing maintenance
• Layout work (equipment and work station) using SketchUp and AutoCAD
• Cost analysis and reduction
• Process evaluation and improvement
• Lean, Kaizen, 6S and Value Stream Mapping activities
• Basic experience with data analysis, methods and graphing.
• Creative problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office Tools, with a special emphasis on Excel and Access.
Education and experience required:
• Incumbent should be actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, or other relevant Engineering discipline, from an ABET-accredited program, and have completed at least one semester of Sophomore year before beginning this co-op.
If you would like to make an impact to ensure that Men and Women may work in safety and that they, their families, and their communities may live in health throughout the world, we want to hear from you!