Established in 1914, MSA is the world's leading manufacturer of safety products designed to protect people throughout the world. Working alongside experienced engineers, co-ops have a unique opportunity to apply their academic learning to products that protect lives in communities around the world.
Engineering co-ops in the Gas Detection group will develop technical, engineering, and research skills while collaborating with other engineering disciplines and corporate functions. The primary objective for this assignment is to provide engineering support to the Gas Detection Sensor Development group. The Co-Op student will work in teams and independently to advance a broad range of product development assignments.
• Define requirements, create concepts and evaluate
• Conduct detailed design and analysis
• Prepare prototypes and samples preparation
• Define, implement and conduct data analysis on test plan
• Collaborate with Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechanical Designer, Technician, and Machinist resources
• Fundamental chemical engineering knowledge
• Strong chemical aptitude
• Demonstrated creativity and problem solving skills
• Ability to use software tools to record, analyze, and document test data
• Ability to multi-task and complete assignments in a timely manner
Education and experience required:
• Incumbent must be actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a Chemical Engineering program at an ABET-accredited school and have completed at least one semester of Sophomore year.
If you would like to make an impact to ensure that Men and Women may work in safety and that they, their families, and their communities may live in health throughout the world, we want to hear from you!