Established in 1914, MSA is the world's leading manufacturer of safety products designed to protect people throughout the world.
Working alongside experienced engineers, co-ops and interns have a unique opportunity to apply their academic learning to products that protect lives in communities around the world. The Fixed Gas and Flame Detection (FGFD) co-op will gain an appreciation and understanding of the New Product Development process, real world application of electrical hardware and software design as it pertains to embedded systems, and experience with a variety of engineering tools and techniques. The co-op will provide engineering assistance to the design team through any of the following activities:
• Assisting with electronic design tasks.
• Creating and/or reviewing basic software coding (if applicable).
• Designing and setting up product validation tests and documenting test results.
• Collaborating with domestic and international associates to complete project goals.
• Gaining an awareness of budgetary, manufacturing and sourcing limitations.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation).
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills and a sharp attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
Education and experience required:
• Incumbent should be actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in an Electrical or Computer Engineering program and have completed at least one semester of Sophomore year.
If you would like to make an impact to ensure that Men and Women may work in safety and that they, their families, and their communities may live in health throughout the world, we want to hear from you!